Officially registered in Spain, the World Bronchology Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the World Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (official website) whose members can participate and contribute to the work of the Foundation.
The WBF provides equipment and week-long on-site training to medical and ancillary personnel working in government and community hospitals and in areas of need.
Projects are designed to introduce and provide continuity in bronchoscopic, airway management skills, as well as thoracic surgery, and pleural disease management procedures and techniques, in order to help patients with little or no access to these technologies.
In April 2014, the new World Bronchology Foundation board was formally established, composing of:
- President: Dr Enrique Cases Viedma (Spain)
- Vice-Presidents: Dr Eduardo de Miguel Poch (Spain) & Dr Domingo Pérez Bejarano (Paraguay)
- Secretary-Treasurer: Dr Carlos Disdier Vicente (Spain)
- Dr. José Pablo Díaz Jiménez (Spain)
- Dr. Henri Gaston Colt (USA)
- Dra. Silvia Adriana Cuadrilli (Argentina)
- Dr. Enrique Cases Viedma (Spain)
- Dr. Eduardo de Miguel Poch (Spain)
- Dr. Domingo Pérez Bejarano (Paraguay)
- Dr. Carlos Disdier Vicente (Spain)